Tuesday, March 27, 2012

12 weeks :)

Sooo tomorrow I will be 12 weeks so I thought I might as well post again!
I can't believe that I'm already 12 weeks! I remember when I very first got pregnant and someone told me that after 12 weeks your chance of miscarriage decreases a ton. We figured it out and were counting down to when I would be 12 weeks and it seemed like the day would never come!
But ANWAYS...
about the adventures of pregnancy...
As for my body... yuck! I have gained about 4-5 pounds depending on the day, which is right where I should be according to the chart my doctor gave me, so that is good. Only i don't feel like I'm right where I should be. All my pants are tight around my waist and no matter what style of shirt I wear I seem to get a cute little pudge gut...
My mom bought me a couple pairs of maternity pants and my sister in law sent us with all of her maternity clothes and I have tried a couple pairs of pants but they just seem to fall off all day...
This means I get to stay in the lovely in between stage for a little bit longer (hopefully only a little bit!)
Food wise, I am amazed at how much I can eat and how frequently I want to eat! My doctor said to make sure I try to eat somewhat healthy and to just make sure I don't feel like I overeat but that it is normal to have a bigger appetite so I'm hoping I'm doing all right!
Like I said, I've been tracking my weight and Eric and I have been walking and the only thing that is getting bigger is my belly so I guess we will see how things play out!
I crave things like crazy (as I have the whole time haha!)
Mashed potatoes and gravy
cans of spaghetti that is the same brand as spaghetti-o's
frozen burritos with LOTS of sour cream
MILK MILK MILK (We have seriously been going through almost 2 gallons a week between Eric and I, whereas 1 gallon would normally last us almost 2 weeks!)
the wheels and cheese microwave dinners
oriental ramen noodles
Eric says it would be easier to list the things that I don't want to eat... maybe I am eating a little too much haha!
Cooking has become sort of hard this past week or so since I now smell better than a drug dog these days...
This is just a good excuse to waste money on fast food! :)
I also finally broke down and bought a package of paper plates to help with the dishes!
Other pregnancy behaviors are I CANNOT get myself out of bed in the morning, I get VERY emotional VERY easily, and mustering up motivation to do anything is pretty much impossible..
Also, I have some awesome pregnancy brain! For example, twice now I have walked into class with nothing but my backpack and left with nothing at all.. It is always embarrassing to have to interrupt the next class to awkwardly get my backpack.. and Eric's favorite of the night, while writing this blog post I couldn't think of something that could smell really good so I asked him "what animal has the best sense of smell? A cat?" He thought this was pretty funny and let me know what a stupid question it was... He also said I should have changed that part in this post to "I can smell better than a drug cat these days" he thinks he is pretty funny!
Sick wise I have actually been pretty good! I still feel pretty crappy all around but it is a crappy feeling that you can still go about your day!
Our next doctors appointment is next Thursday and if everything goes as planned during the ultrasound out doctor should be able to take a guess at the gender so we can't wait for that!
Until next post, here is a belly picture I took yesterday (so like 11 weeks and 5 days?)

No comments:

Post a Comment